Hali Country Hotel is in the South of Iceland
Hali Country Hotel is the nearest accommodation to the Glacier Lagoon
Comfortable accommodation in the South East of Iceland
Hali Country Hotel is in the middle of the region of Vatnajokull
Icebergs – glacier discovery – culture & traditions – birds and seals
Your base for exploring the South East of Iceland
With our friendly, personal service you’ll feel at home at Hali
We are in the heart of the realm of the amazing Vatnajökull
- We’re located just 13 km east of Jökulsárlón in the South East of Iceland and we are the closest accommodation to the famous iceberg lagoon.
- Our Hotel is an ideal choice for photographers who want to be near Jökulsárlón in order to capture Iceland’s truly magical light that makes already extraordinary landscapes even more striking.
- We offer comfortable accommodation in 18 rooms both single, double, triple and family rooms in two separate buildings sleeping a total of 36 people.
- Comfortable lounge and fully equipped kitchen.
- Our fully licensed restaurant is located in the cultural heritage center at Þórbergssetur, with seating for over 60 guests. We offer there local food from the Hali farm
- We are conveniently located on the ring road, Iceland’s principal highway only 70 km west of Höfn, the nearest town for shops and other services
- All scheduled buses from Höfn to Reykjavik and vice versa stop at Hali.
- At Hali Country Hotel there is a museum and a cultural heritage center dedicated to the memory of Þórbergur Þórðarson, (1888 – 1974) one of Iceland’s most famous authors. The exhibition provides a unique insight into the life and works of this enchanting author, along with cultural artefacts and stories of past generations.
- Tourist information service and tour assistance / reservations can be made at the front desk.
- We accept all major credit cards.